Monday, March 23, 2009

Penne Pasta with Tomatoes, Olives and Feta

Peggy responded to my plea for easy and tasty recipes for Penny with a pasta dish that Deb passed on to her. I must apologize for not including a pasta recipe until now since it is a mainstay in most homes.  This one is bold. The olives and feta cheese wake up your taste buds.  If these ingredients appeal to you ( I love them) then definitely give this dish a try.  It doesn't get any easier than this. 

It is wonderful to see how recipes get passed on from person to person.  I don't know if 
Deb just threw this together one day or got the recipe from someone else. She is a very experimental and brave cook. Peggy tasted it, loved it and now makes it in her home.  Since Peggy is now in Florida, it's probably making the rounds down there. Who knows, maybe Ariella will pass it on to her family in Israel. 

I will be leaving for Berlin for one week so there will not be any postings for a while unless I can figure out how to do that from across the Atlantic.  I must admit that I am not looking forward to German cuisine. The most famous dish in Berlin is curried sausages, which does not appeal to me. Well, I heard that the Turkish food there is delish.

1 lb. penne pasta
2 cups diced tomatoes ( or 14 ounces diced tomatoes)
2/3 cup chopped scallions (use some greens)- 2 bunches
1 small package feta cheese
1 cup Kalamata olives
1/4 cup olive oil (or more)
pepper

Chop tomatoes, scallions, feta and olives.. Mix all in a large bowl.  Pour hot pasta over vegetables and cheese.  Toss with 1/4 cup olive oil, or more if you wish, and season to taste with pepper.

The leftovers taste great  the next day at room temperature.

Konnten sie bitte langsamer sprechen.

No comments: